In this episode, we talked about:
- Talking about sustainability genuinely as a brand
- Sustainability as a driver for consumer decision-making
- The role of companies in educating consumers about climate change
- Moving from B2C to B2B
- The book “How Brands Grow” from Byron Sharp
- How B2B marketer should think more like B2C marketers
- Working for L’Oréal
- How to know if you have cultural fit with a company
George is an international marketing director with a background in Fast Moving Consumer Goods gained both at L'Oréal and Diageo.
Having had far too much fun working on brands such as Smirnoff, Tanqueray and Guinness, he now leads the marketing and communications function for Accsys Technologies, the world leader in sustainable, high-performance wood brands Accoya and Tricoya.
As a senior leader in a values-led organisation with a corporate purpose articulated as 'changing wood to change the world', he is an avid proponent in the circular economy and the wider sustainability movement.
In his spare time, he enjoys drinking and learning about wine, as well as taking advantage of all that London has to offer.