In this episode, we talked about:
- The importance of consolidated data and connected planning
- What data matters and should matter to a CMO?
- Internal and external data
- The questions you ask your data are the answers you’re going to get.
- How to link brand engagement to pipeline growth
- How to mix Account coverage, engagement/intent data, and lead-scoring data to show the impact of marketing on the bottom line
- What’s new in marketing metrics
- The importance of accountability and common language when it comes to marketing metrics.
- Less is more when it comes to data (the example of email marketing and the unique focus on CTR).
- The data you should measure is what really makes a difference for the business.
- Building data tools and keeping a minimum amount of dashboards.
- How marketing metrics can be liberating.
Spencer is a highly accomplished B2B Marketing professional, with 20 years practitioner experience in IT/Technology marketing, including 4 years agency side.